You’ve achieve SO much in the book creation process so far. You’ve FINISHED writing your book, had it edited and proofread, and set up a Payoneer account ready to receive royalties from Amazon. You’ve been so patient, and now it is FINALLY time to publish!!
Now you need format your book to the specifications of Amazon’s publishing tools.
In this post I lay down the basic facts about formatting paperback books for publishing on CreateSpace. This is ALL you need to know!
Formatting a Word Document for CreateSpace (Paperback)
- The most common used font on Amazon is Times New Roman
- Title Page- Book Title Size 28
– Author name/ Copyright message (©) Bold Size 12
- About The Author message: Times New Roman Size 14
- Chapter Headings: Times New Roman Bold Size 12
- Book interior text: Times New Roman Size 12
NOTE: The most common book size (or Trim Size) on CreateSpace is 6×9 inches. Book sizes are an easy option selected by the author during the publishing process on CreateSpace. The below measurements apply to the book manuscript format which must be made prior to uploading to CreateSpace.
- Paper Size (Width & Height): 15.24cm x 22.86cm
- Margins: -Top/Bottom/Left/Right: 2 cm
- Margins must be MIRRORED, an option that can be selected in the Page setup field of your computer when setting the margins.
- Set paragraph indentation for 1cm: Format>Paragraph>Indentation & Line Spacing
- Set line spacing to SINGLEThe spine width of your book is AUTOMATICALLY calculated during the book setup process when you select the size of your book e.g. 6×9. There is a minimum number of pages required required for the title information of your book to appear on the spine.Cover Design
NOTE: You can use the same cover image file for a CreateSpace book and a Kindle ebook. A CreateSpace paperback requires the cover image to be 300 dpi (dots per image) while a Kindle cover image is only required to be 72 dpi. You can create covers from stock images or your own personal photos using PicMonkey, Photoshop or other preferred photo editing programs. I will go into more detail about book cover creation on an upcoming post.
• Cover dimensions: 1600 x 2400 pixels
• 300 dpi (dots per inch) for CreateSpace hard copy
Download my FREE CreateSpace Formatting guide HERE
I hope you have found this information helpful in your writing journey. Be sure to follow this blog to ensure you never miss my writing and publishing tips!
My books are now available WORLDWIDE in paperback and Kindle ebook!
Click HERE to view and purchase on Amazon!
Patreon is a membership platform where you can contribute to creative projects and get really cool rewards in return.Click HERE to see how you can be part of my unique Patreon community!