Making a CreateSpace Paperback book available for Pre-Order is quite different to its Kindle counterpart. But do not despair! It is a simple process, and the more times you do it, the easier it becomes!
The differences in the pre-order set-up between KDP Pre-Order and CreateSpace are that you can set up your KDP ebook for pre-order from your KDP account. To set up a CreateSpace paperback for pre-order, you need to use Amazon Advantage, a separate account and website to CreateSpace. Here’s how:
- Sign up for an Amazon Advantage account.
- Once signed in, you will be redirected to your AA dashboard. In the top left corner, there is a tab titled ‘Items’. Click on this option, and then in the drop down menu ‘Add An Item.
- You will then select the Product Type. Click ‘Book’. A field will then appear which will ask for the ISBN of your book. Make sure you take out any dashes (-).
- Once you have saved this information, on the next page you will fill in your book’s details and information (title/author name/blurb etc).
- Once all fields are completed, click submit.
You can have your book completely set up on CreateSpace when you set up the pre-order on Amazon Advantage. However, there is one more thing you need to do to stop the book from being made available immediately on Amazon.
- Log in to your CreateSpace account
- Go to your project’s home page
- Click on ‘Distribution Channels’
- Deselect all of the distribution channels (Amazon stores and Expanded Distribution)
Your book should then appear as available for Pre-Order within 24 hours.
I hope this post was helpful for you. Make sure to FOLLOW this blog so that you never miss out on my writing and publishing tools and advice!
My BRAND NEW short story Grave Bargains is NOW AVAILABLE on Kindle!